Friday 5 June 2020

RESEARCH : Movie Trailer Websites

Movie trailer websites that I currently use are :

YouTube - I use this site because it has almost every trailer available to find. Therefore it helps me when I need to look for films and shows to watch as there are millions of trailers available. I also use this site because the algorithm means that I get recommended more trailers and films that are similar to the trailers I have already seen, which helps me find films that I would enjoy more easily and more quickly. They also have a section specifically for trailers to make it easier to find ones I like the look of.



Movie trailer websites that I will be using more often to help me find more trailers to study will be :

Trailer Addict - This site is specifically for trailers, which means that I will be using this site to help me find unique trailers to study. The easy layout of the trailers helps in finding more to watch, However, the amount of space taken up with each trailer when browsing is very large, so it will be difficult to properly browse multiple trailers as it takes me quite a bit of time to scroll past a large number of trailers to find some for lesser known films (it forces a lot of mega-mainstream film trailers produced by massive corporations like Disney at the front of their 'explore' page).




MUBI - This site consists of trailers for lesser known indie films that are targeted towards a more mature audience, which will help get ideas and helps with finding more mature films to watch. They also shine the spotlight onto smaller directors to help promote their films that may get lost against the bigger mainstream distributors such as Disney, Warner Brothers and Paramount. It will also help me understand how smaller film distributors may market their films and how they may structure their trailers as opposed to how the mainstream distributors may structure theirs.




The FDA yearbook has updated information on websites such as YouTube, IMDB and Twitter. This shows what kinds of websites are most commonly used to engage with audiences and post updates on the film and the trailers for previously mentioned films as well. It helps to identify the importance of sites like Instagram and Twitter to the success of a film. It can be used to identify their target audience and work out how best to market to them.


1 comment:

  1. Very good research with many details and examples that offer evidence of real personal engagement.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Moderator

ALEX WAIN CANDIDATE NUMBER : 1779 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 Hello moderator, I worked with Charlie Slorick 1770 and Thomas Hutchinson...