Wednesday 17 June 2020

RESEARCH : Who Is A Film Marketed Towards?

On the FDA website, Kezia Williams (Entertainment One Uk) explains the importance of targeting the correct audience and ensuring that you are aware of their likes and dislikes as well as what, in turn, will ensure that they will view your film and leave positive reviews.





Marketability - This is the ability for a film to be sold or marketed. To be able to convince a stranger to watch a film after hearing about it or seeing snippets of the film via a trailer is vital for it to be a success and in turn for it to make a profit and hit targets.

Playablitity - This is about the quality of the film. How well the target audience will respond to the film once they start their viewing. Will they buy the DVD or stream it when it's released? Will they talk about it and spread awareness? A positive reaction is vital for the success of the film. If a film is marketed correctly and is of high quality it should be replayed more and will have a longer life span than of something of a lesser quality.

Above I have completed a selection of tasks to help me in my understanding of who a film can be marketed towards by looking at the interests of people and how to possibly market a film towards a specific audience. I looked at how professionals completed this task and will use what I have learnt to help me with my future project. In doing this I have gained a better understanding of how to correctly market a film to get the highest number of views and sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Moderator

ALEX WAIN CANDIDATE NUMBER : 1779 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 Hello moderator, I worked with Charlie Slorick 1770 and Thomas Hutchinson...